Monday, August 15, 2011

another year older

Last week I turned 28.  It was a week long celebration filled with family, friends, good food....and God blessed me with the most perfect birthday weather!  :)   Needless to say, I feel very loved. 

On Sunday we celebrated with the Peterson/Barsness fam by going to The Machine Shed.  It was a fun time together, and of course the food was delicious.


I love this family. :)






On my actual birthday I went to my favorite consignment shop and scored some amazing bargains.  They already have great prices, but that day they had a dollar rack and everything else was half off!  It was awesome.  I came home to find flowers on the counter from the sweet and handsome mr. red beard. :)

the card says "on-shon-tay. that's french for happy birthday, hotty. I love you!"  I love my husband's sense of humor.  :)



Ryan and I used a gift card for Olive Garden to go out for my birthday dinner, and then we went to Starbucks for some after dinner coffee, which I could barely even drink because I was stuffed! I was "surprised" by the lovely ladies below who were waiting for us when we got there. Really, I knew they were going to be there, but they didn't know I knew, so I acted surprised and then ended up telling them anyway. :)  It was so great to see them and spend a little time catching up with them. 


My parents arrived at our house later that evening to spend the weekend with us!  Unfortunately I had to work both of the days they were here but thankfully I still got some good time with them.  We finally got our patio table and chairs together and since the weather has been absolutely gorgeous, we enjoyed breakfast with my parents on our back deck on Friday morning! 

pictures of people eating are always funny.



 On Friday evening we had yet another birthday celebration! When I got home from work there was a familiar car in the driveway.  Ben and Kristi had come from Dubuque celebrate with us. :)  What fun! We went to Osaka (one of those Japanese steakhouses where they cook the food right in front of you) Of course they banged on the drum, sang happy birthday and made me wear the birthday hat with my name on it which was spelled "Chrissa".  haha!  Ah, memories. 


I have to point out my father in-law and my dad in this photo.  Aren't they cute?  :) 





We all played the game "Things" when we got home, and devoured Kristi's famous cake pops.  If you've never played "Things", I suggest you check it out. It's hilarious.  It was great fun playing with my parents.  My mom laughed so hard that she cried.  I love when that happens. 

I had to work at 9 on Saturday morning, so I figured since I was getting up for work I might as well get up a little bit earlier so I could go to the Farmer's Market with my mom.  I bought some fresh fruits and veggies that Ryan had requested to use in our juicer.  We were given a juicer recently, so we've been experimenting with some different recipes the last couple days.  I'll blog about that later.  :) 

While I was at work my two favorite guys were building a lattice arbor/shelter thing for the back deck.  It is just what I wanted and I cannot wait to hang some lights from it!  Our back deck is quickly becoming one of my favorite spots.  We've enjoyed four meals out there already!





a group self portrait before my parents had to head home.  :)







What a great week and weekend! : ) I am tired, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment