Monday, April 9, 2012

a full heart

Hi.   Just a little catch up blog.  :)

St. Patrick's Day weekend we took advantage of the abnormally balmy weather and had a picnic at West Lake.  Gilbert joined us and thoroughly enjoyed sniffing new territory.




The following weekend we had a really unique and first time event at our chapel.  For lack of a better name, we call it the Karen/Chin/Burmese day!  haha.  We've recently had a group of Karen people start coming to our chapel.  There are varying degrees of understanding and speaking English among them, but they are the sweetest people and we have loved getting to know them!  We had the opportunity to have a man named Kap Thang come speak for the weekend and our Karen friends invited a bunch of people.  Kap spoke Burmese and we were able to have another man translate to Karen.  It was really interesting to be on the other side of things and not really understand everything that was being said but I do know that the gospel was presented clearly!  I felt so honored to be a part of it all.  We are loving watching God work in the lives of these sweet people.  

love these girls.

cute cute cute kids.

Caleb and Hay Seet

They made all the food for the weekend and it was delicious!

Karen youth choir

Kap Thang
Entertaining the kids.  Did I mention how cute these kids are?  Oh, and who is that big kid in the plaid shirt?  He's really cute.

The weekend after that was pretty much the only weekend in March that we didn't have ANYTHING going on and it was wonderful.   It was a welcome rest from all of our busyness.  We slept in, and enjoyed brunch together which included some fresh eggs brought to us by our doula, Sarah!  The rest of Saturday was spent getting some house and yard work done.  It was nice to just be at home together.  

Gilbert has taken to laying in the mud lately so Ryan has been working on putting rocks where the dirt is to prevent Gil from getting so dirty.  :)

I found these at an antique mall after seeing some fun ideas on pinterest for re-purposed shutters.

Ryan spray painted them pink for me and they will hang on the wall in baby girl's room.  It's going to look so good against the color of the walls! :)

This past weekend we got to spend Easter with my family.  It was fun being together and one of my favorite memories from the weekend was playing story line around the dining room table.  There was some major laughter happening.  The kind of laughter that makes your stomach hurt, and tears run down your cheeks.  I don't think I had ever seen my brother laugh that hard before.  It makes me smile just thinking of it.  

 My husband, brother and nephew helped my dad with a lot of yard and house projects on Saturday while me, my mom, sister in-law and niece went shopping and pampered ourselves with manicures and pedicures! :)  It was so nice.  I can count on one hand how many pedicures I've had in my life.  I used to be so scared of getting them because I am very ticklish.  I really have to use a lot of self control so I don't kick my pedicurist in the face. haha.  It's worth it though!  

Easter family photo! 




I also got to visit with a friend of mine that I grew up with!  We're both pregnant with girls and she's due the 26th of this month.  This is her 3rd pregnancy and the longest she's been pregnant since both of her boys came early!  I'm glad it worked out for us to see each other while she was still pregnant! It's always fun to catch up.  


This past Saturday marked the beginning of my 3rd trimester!  Yikes!  3 months, people. THREE MONTHS.  I really don't understand where the last six months went.  We've been so busy and the next few months are going to be packed full too! 


As I type, my darling little girl is squirming around.  I have no idea what is happening in there, but it's certainly fun to watch from the outside.  :)

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend!

1 comment: