Tuesday, July 19, 2011

we love dessert!

Last night our dessert was inspired by my friend Corrie at http://corrieanne.com/ who shared this link Blueberries & cream ramekins via Tish’s Place on her blog a couple days ago.  The best part was that I didn't feel too guilty eating it! :)  It was simply delicious and didn't take a whole lot of effort.  Like Corrie, I only had plain yogurt, so I added a little bit of vanilla extract and that did the trick!  I also had some strawberries that needed to be eaten, so I mixed them in with the blueberries. YUM.

I was really bummed when I found out that our dessert had to be broiled.  A few months ago I managed to break our broiler due to a flaming garlic bread fiasco. No joke.  That is a story for another day.  But here is a picture to prove how bad it was.   Too bad I didn't have time to take a picture when there were actually flames shooting off of them!



Anyway....back to the problem of having a broken broiler.  My sweet husband saved the day when he said "I think have a blow torch in the basement!"  :) He did. It worked wonderfully. 


My handsome assistant. :)  Pretty sure we put more brown sugar on top than the recipe called for.  That's what happens when you let your husband help. ;) Then again...I didn't really try to stop him.  Oh. man. that caramelized brown sugar sure was tasty. Hmmm....Did I say something about not feeling too guilty? ;)


SO. GOOD. 



In other news, I am so very thankful to have the next 2 days off of work.  It has been quite busy around here these last couple weeks, so I am perfectly content to stay inside tomorrow and get some things done around home. This house needs a good cleanin'!   
I hope you're all having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I FEEL SO LOVED! It's so much cooler that you made with a torch!!!!

    ReplyDelete